Permissions and their definitions:
The Messenger accessed the many permissions to its updated version in both Android and iPhone devices. The following are the definitions of every individual permission.
The Messenger application using contacts feature to edit modify and delete to their friend’s list.
- Read your contacts
- Modify your contacts
- Delete contacts from Messenger.
This application uses your phone and its call history, depending on your plan as you may change according to your carrier for phone calls. The feature Phone allows the below permissions.
- Read and identify the phone status.
- Read call log
- Direct call forward facility
- Write a call log.
Device ID & Information:
The Messenger application can access your device ID, phone number. Device ID & call information may include the ability to read phone status and identity.
- Read phone status and identity.
The application can use files or data stored on your device and may access the abilities.
- Read the contents of your USB storage
- Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
- Format external storage
- Mount or unmount external storage.
The app will use your account or profile information on your device, the identity access the following abilities.
- Find accounts on the device
- Read your own contact card
- Modify your own contact card
- Add or remove accounts.
- An app can access your device’s Wi-Fi connection information if like Wi-Fi turned on and the name and the password connected. Since the Internet will not give much faster than the Wi-Fi, Hence many users prefer to use the application through Wi-Fi connections to their devices.
The feature which accesses to save, edit and delete the media files and documents.
- Read the content from your USB
- Modify and delete the content from the USB storage.
The app also accesses your device to record audio clips.
- Record audio.
The application also accessible to trace out your current location:
- Approximate location based on the network
- Precise location with GPS and network-based.
- Access extra location provider commands.
- Complete GPS access.
The application uses the camera of your device to access the application abilities:
- Take pictures
- Record videos.
An app on your device accesses the options of Text messages and multimedia messages. Based on your plan you may be charged to the carrier of texts:
- Receive text messages(SMS)
- Read your text messages
- Edit your text messages
- Send SMS and receive it.
The Messenger app using your device for the calendar information, the accessible abilities are:
- Read calendar events and confidential information.
- Add or modify calendar events and send a notification to your friends without the owner’s permission.
The application will use the custom settings provided by your device manufacturer or application-specific permissions:
- Download files without notification
- Receive data from the Internet
- Read and write about TV channel/program information.
- Adjust your wallpaper size.
- Read battery statistics
- Prevent device from sleeping
- Expand/collapse status bar
- Access Bluetooth settings
- Run at startup
- Draw over other apps
- Send sticky broadcast
- Connect and disconnect from Wi-Fi
- Control vibration
- Modify system settings
- Read sync settings
- Install to shortcuts
- View network connections
- Change network connectivity
- Pair with Bluetooth devices
- Reorder running apps
- Control Near Field Communication
- Create accounts and set passwords
- Toggle sync on and off
- Full network access
- Change your audio settings
- Seat wallpaper
- Read Google service configuration.